Declaration of Separation
Formation of Western New York
Join me in the belief that the major issues we face today are best resolved by a separation from the State of New York. Just as there is a North Carolina, a South Carolina, a Virginia, a West Virginia, a North Dakota, a South Dakota now is the time for a Western New York. Let this Western New York be a renewed allegiance to the original intent of the founding fathers.
It has become apparent that the citizens of Western New York have little or nothing in common with the residents of the eastern part of the state. Therefore, in the course of human events it has become necessary for the people of Western New York to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with the State of New York.
As so stated in the Declaration of Independence:
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shown, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.
Such has been the patient sufferance of Western New York; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their current system of Government. The history of the present State of New York is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute tyranny over the people of Western New York. To prove this, let facts be submitted to a candid world.
- That the 17th Amendment to the Constitution has guaranteed that no member of the United States Senate will ever be or has been elected from the Western part of New York State leaving our residents without voice.
- That the United States Senators Chuck Schumer and Kirsten Gillibrand have hastily adopted plans supported by ambitious, hasty, disorderly men and women without the thought or consequence to future generations.
- That we in the Western part of the State have little in common with those who dwell in the cities of New York, Long Island or Westchester.
- That the United States Senators Chuck Schumer and Kirsten Gillibrand have condoned and voted for the Federal Government bailout of private industries at the expense of the people without just cause.
- That they now condone the Government ownership of production, which emboldens a tyrannical government, and embraces the ideology of socialism, and communism.
- That they have been too liberal in their grants of salaries to individuals at the expense of the people without just cause.
- That they have supported and voted for a health care reform bill without thought or consequence to the people Western New York and that the sole intent of said health care is to wage further economic war upon the people of Western New York.
- That they with the support of the health care reform bill seek to enslave our children and future generations shackling them with laws that turn every citizen into a criminal. That they seek nothing more than a means of setting precedent for the weak to control the strong. That they have done this to secure votes at the expense of freedom.
- That they have created oppressive regulations that have diminished the State of New York’s ability to compete with other States.
- That they have imposed an oppressive tax scheme upon the citizens of Western New York.
- That they with this oppressive tax scheme have infringed upon the private property rights of the individual, thus eliminating private property rights in its entirety. This oppressive tax scheme establishes a leasehold interest for the people of New York with the State of New York, thus creating a society of serfdom and a tyrannical government. For surely, if we the people are unable to pay our private property taxes said property shall be forcibly taken from its very citizens.
- That they have erected a multitude of State Offices and sent hither swarms of State and Federal Officers to harass the good people of Western New York all in an effort to prosecute for profit while seizing the people’s private property and revenue.
- That the Constitution grants us the right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures. That they condone searches, seizures, road blocks, and wiretaps which are set up at unusual times and in uncomfortable areas for the sole purpose of searching and seizing the private property of the individual. These actions are nothing more than an oppressive tax scheme to infringe upon the private property rights of the individual and to further raise revenue as fees and fines are instituted.
- That they have created a two-class system of justice, one for themselves and one for the people of Western New York. Mock trials and mock hearings are held to merely censure a politician while the people of Western New York are forcibly detained for the same actions.
- That they have promised to create jobs in Western New York for years, yet all we have experienced for decades are jobs lost to other States due to mandates and regulations. These mandates and regulations have created oppressive regulations where the people of New York are now forced to flee the State of New York for sustenance and salvation.
- That they have killed the job creation abilities of the individual all while placing financial mandates upon the people of Western of New York that are no longer sustainable.
- That they have regulated our resources and our waterways, thus taking control of said resources and waterways, all the while destroying our towns and destroying the future lives of Western New York.
- That they have endorsed the regulation of how we heat our homes by proposing a ban on wood stoves that provide many in Western New York the ability to survive the harsh winters. These regulations are nothing more than an oppressive tax scheme to infringe upon the private property rights of the individual and to further raise revenue as fees are instituted. Yet, when we can no longer afford said fees the scheme then becomes to make those in Western New York criminals in the eyes of the candid world.
- That they have voted against making English the official language of the land.
- That they have voted against securing our borders in an effort to secure votes and thus creating a special constituent class of voters.
- That they have imposed regulations upon the people of Western New York without our consent.
- That they have placed their offices and conducted their business at unusual times and uncomfortable and distant places, for the sole purpose of fatiguing the people of Western New York into compliance with their measures.
- That they have acted with such fiscal irresponsibility that they have placed local municipalities into a position of raising revenue by any and all means, by turning peace officers into revenue officers, by turning school boards into revenue generators, by raising fees and regulating every aspect of the individual’s life.
- That they have camouflaged its absolute power. We have become enslaved by a state that has become so desperate for money that it shall seek any regulation, any fee to justify its needs for money, money which it uses to promise favors in order to secure votes.
- That they have made local and county officials dependent on their will alone, for the tenure of their offices, and the amount and payment of their salaries.
- That they are engaged in limiting our freedom of speech by allowing the Federal Communications Commission to enact control over the airwaves and internet by usurping the legislative process. They have done so in an effort to control the message.
- That the Constitution grants us the right to bear arms without infringement. Yet they have placed fees, regulations and burdensome restraints on said right.
- That they have enacted so many laws that they have corrupted the judicial branch of government. A branch of government that adheres to the mantra that ignorance of the law is no excuse. Yet, with so many laws it is impossible for anyone person to know all the laws, creating a system where ignorance of the law is an excuse.
- That they have created an oppressive State where freedom has been replaced by regulation.
The sole purpose of government, as stated in the Declaration of Independence, is to secure our unalienable rights given us by our Creator. When a State Government becomes so oppressive, so regulatory and grows beyond its scope, it is usurpation, and liberty is compromised.
The State has been deaf to the voices of Western New York, voices that have no true representation. We who reside in the Western region of the state are vastly out numbered by those of the downstate region and we must, therefore, acquiesce in the necessity, which denounces our separation.
We, therefore, the good people of Western New York whose signatures are affixed, appeal to the Supreme Judge of the World for the rectitude of our intentions. In the name and authority of that Supreme Judge we solemnly declare and publish that the people of Western New York are, and by right ought to be, free, and should be able to reside in an independent state.
Join me, Joseph Roosa, in the belief that the major issues we face today are best resolved by a separation from the State of New York and that the consequence of every new regulation is a freedom lost. Let us pledge a renewed allegiance to freedom, not regulation. The time has come for Western New York to separate from the State of New York.
We Demand a New Western York one that will grant us
FREEDOM NOT REGULATON
Post your comments at: